Sunday, May 15, 2005

I am in Love !

This was written when I unexpectedly fell in love with something. Or rather, I discovered that I was in love then. For those who read the poem and still searching for it, pick the first letters of the last 2 stanzas :-)




I AM IN LOVE !

The magical sound of the word
Is just too much for my heart to afford
I happened to catch it some years back
But when i heard it a second time was I taken aback

The name appeared too familiar
It just happened to be the best thing I could hear
Why should I like it, I have a hundred reasons
Its pleasantness is evergreen, regardless the seasons

It reminds me of the ad phrase "Its different"
And it took from me my heart, for eternal rent
Ever since, it's been a torrent
Of unending passionate current

My body trembles in front of its mystique
My heart flutters cos its unique
My mind aint gonna let it go
The name, which instantly brings a glow

To the face, as rigid as a tile.
Its inherent beauty and style
Makes it linger on in my memory file
And never failed to arouse a smile.

Split my heart and lips, it did
At every opportunity, to my mind, it slid
Out of the many things making one sensuous
Uttering this name is the least arduous.

Often I ponder what's in a name
But this name leaves me lame
Even though it hasn't got its due fame
It makes me love it all the same.

I had no pre-emption
That this word would make me say
Too lovely to keep..Too sweet for consumption
Sad, but it stays with me this way

Me, just a puppet in its hypnotism
Like a light passing through a prism
Which seems to be of little significance
But brings out its inner brilliance

Its melody makes one dance
It has that amazing stance
Which makes many an eye widen to have a glance
I am but one of its thousand fans..

My mind is in disarray
Whenever it makes a foray
To find out what makes it so special
Into which web, my heart, soul and body fell.

It is just a word we hear
But has become so intimate and dear
'Cos in it is hidden boundless charm
Which breaks my heart worse than any known arm.

Hearing this word gives an instantaneous excitation
The feel of adrenalin is just a citation
Of how I have become addicted
To the disease I doubt anyone ever predicted.

Its gleam exceeds that of the gold in El Dorado
This six-letter beauty leaves even a doe
Jealous to the core
Among names, this comes to the fore.

Strange and peculiar is the thought
Having the passion for this name, I have got
Really should leave many of you in fits
Even might start to think I am out of my wits

Yell I do, for my mind it never ceased to interest
Among the best of the best, this is the crest.
Really, I am in love..., with the above-mentioned name
And finding the befitting bearer is my ultimate aim.


Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (for executing the last line)

Dec 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home