Sunday, May 15, 2005

Happy Birthday!

This was written to wish one of my good friends Divya on her birthday



Happy Birthday

A Very Happy Birthday
Is too small a word to say
For this is such a lovely day
When upon you fell the sun's first ray.

You came into my life my chance
Within a short time you did enhance
Gave me a vivid glance
That life has such a beautiful stance.

True friendship is hard to find
But for those around you, it has been very kind
You are a fragrant essence
Making people happy with just your presence.

Thanks for joining me in the friendship garden
That is devoid of any warden
Hope this birthday gives you more than you wish
With whatever you want, let life furnish.

When looking at my lovely bouquet, of friendship's faces
Picked from so many, wonderful and different places
It suddenly dawned to me, with such delight
That friendship is the most beautiful sight.

Though it has taken my life-time, to add each one
I know that still yet, my task is not done
For I shall continue to gather, along life's pathway
More radiant faces that I shall display.

But dear friend! This I want you to know
It will be your flower, the first that I show
You have given me memories, filled with laughter, never any tears
They will always be with me, throughout the coming years.

Believe me when I say
That you are a sparkling bright star
Don't ever forget for even a single day
That to everyone around you, how very special YOU are!


Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to find a better gift for my sweet friend next time around!)

Nov 2003