Sunday, May 15, 2005

When the sun rises in the west

I happened to read one of my friend's poems in Tamil, when I got the idea of being subtle and indirect. I wanted to try out something, and since I had nothing to do at work, went ahead with it. Though it was made of single sentences, my natural instincts made it rhyme. So, I converted it as a poem with a few more lines.




WHEN THE SUN RISES IN THE WEST

When u see me there
And think u have seen me somewhere.
When u talk to me in a plight
As if u r gonna catch the next flight.

When u say bye sedately
And go off immediately.
When u think hard
To remember the name of this ward.

When u feel its always a gambit
And I am juz a part of it.
When u notice the beauty of the roadside poster
When I walk past u, popping like a toaster.

When u smile when beside
Though I can see u swearing inside.
When u think talking to me is boring
And start snoring.

When u plead with me a ton
Juz to get something done.
When u sometimes have remembrance
You see only my outside appearance.

When u think how much time u wasted
Rather than how sweetly it tasted.
When u know u can ignore me
And get away with it Scott free.

When u think u r frayed
And I was the one who betrayed.
When u feel enuf is enuf
And begin to puff and scuff.

When u do everything
Where I am not a part of anything.
When u do feel any of the above, my love
The heading will come true, I vow.


Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (for pursuing some original ideas)

Mar 2002

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent - No other word.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home