Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Hand of God




The Hand of God

When you came into my arms crying bitterly
You engulfed my life in your tears literally
Ironically, it was also a moment of unabated joy
For I knew that I had you now and forever to enjoy.

Pacing to and fro through the crowd, when everything seemed so slow
"Will I get you? When will I get you?" racing through my mind in a treacherous flow
Waiting for you in anxiety, the seconds were painfully sublime
Now, pressing you against my chest to calm you down, I lost track of time.

When you mutter those incoherent, yet perfectly understandable things with your hushed voice
For all the while I yearned for you so much, this is where I can thank God and rejoice
I thought you were a chapter of my life, now you have become a book in yourself
You stepped out of your cocoon and embraced me, throwing all my worries into a shelf.

Thinking about the future, our lives intertwined, my heart knows no bound
Your eyes open up and capture mine with that powerful innocent mesmerising gaze
As if placing your life in my hands, clenching my fingers, you communicate without a sound
To describe that instant, when the world seem to be us, even poets will be without a phrase...

I see you, hug you, and kiss you, hands trembling in happiness and all excited
I plead with you to stop the tears, even as your voice goes shrill
Looking at you, cuddled around my arms, I wonder if I had ever been so delighted
We have a lifetime ahead of us to bring us closer and closer still.

Your softest touch sends a electric wave through my shivering body
And I try to avoid a tear of joy, before I proudly present you to everybody
Just can’t wait to rediscover the world with you, to share and have fun
I welcome you to this earth, the sculpture from the hand of god, my beloved son.

Random Access
The search has just begun!!! (to dedicate this to my sis for her first son's birth)
Nov 1999

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Raja, I really *really* liked this poem.....very touching, and struck a chord in my heart....beautiful !!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Random Access said...

Thanks for all the comments! I am honoured to have you as a reader of my poems. I just wish I could get some inspiration to write something now..been a while since I last wrote a poem. And I dont really write something for the heck of writing it. I really *really* need some inspiration...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful one.. your flow of thoughts put in words.. its simply sooperb!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Random Access said...

Thank you padma! I really enjoyed writing this too. No surprise in the purest of thots getting emitted as pleasant words :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Deepti Ravi said...

I thought you were a chapter of my life, now you have become a book in yourself
---- beautiful
actually.. the entire poem was lovely.. wish i could write as well as u do

4:08 AM  
Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

fantastic!! touching!!! wonderful! magnificiant!divine! remarkable! sensational! magnificent! marvelous! miraculous!...ok im running out of words now...but really..its awsome!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Random Access said...

Thanks a lot Deepti and Precious. I guess when u hit the limit of happiness, words tend to be sweet as well ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP portable projector table projectors buyer guide dell a960 printer ink Picture of 49 50 ford convertible Incorporating mathe science classroom How to copy files from computer to computer kenwood car cd player kdc-ps905 Cleaning suede leather coats area+rug+outlet opague projectors Buy projector video disadvantage tv projectors Disk drive hard hp

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home